Thursday, March 11, 2010

El Borak in the House!

Today we received our copies of THE EARLY ADVENTURES OF EL BORAK from the Robert E. Howard Foundation. The book, for which Ruth and I provided the cover illustration/design, collects ALL of the remaining Robert E. Howard El Borak/Desert Adventures material NOT published in the recently released Del Rey volume — juvenilia, fragments, maps, drawings, and a synopsis.

If you haven't looked into the Robert E. Howard Foundation, you should. They've published wonderful books, including Howard's Collected Poetry, and three volumes of Howard's Collected Letters. Their website can be found HERE.

 

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous movie style look.

    I will check the link...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine how cool it would have been if El Borak could have been made into a movie in the 1930's or 40's! Heck, even a serial would have been cool. The Foundation gave us the freedom to do whatever we wanted for the cover, so we figured at least we could have a poster, if not a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come you guys didn't tell me you had a blog site? I hate when I have to find this out from other people. By the way, i'm only upset, because I wish I could have been enjoying this sooner. Your stuff is fantastic, I've always been a big fan!

    ReplyDelete